For regular TopBetta tournament players, it doesn't get much better than the King Of The Cup tournament! This year there is a massive 200k prize pool with first prize taking home a minimum of $50,000.00. Check our preview below.
How to play TopBetta tournaments
Format and how the KOTC works
Loosely speaking, players use the first three days of the Melbourne Cup Carnival (Derby, Cup and Oaks Days) to build a big bank for the final day of the carnival (Stakes Day) which is essentially the 'final' where punters bet with an inflated bank and fight it out for the top prize. Think of the first three days as qualifying rounds although the more cash you can turn your starting bettabucks into during those days the higher your chance of winning the final will be.
Buy-in: $220 per entry
Re-buy: $110 to rebuy and reload your bettabucks on that given day.
Min Prizepool: $200,000.00
Payout structure: 25% to first, the other 75% paid to multiple placings based on how many entries there is
Check the graphic below to help you better understand how it will all work!
TopBetta runs special satellite or 'jackpot' tournaments on a daily basis for their upcoming feature events. This one is no different. These satellites basically work like regular tournaments the only difference is the buy-in is normally quite low and the prize instead of cash or bonus bets is a ticket into a higher priced buy-in tournament in the future.
In the days leading up to the start of the King Of The Cup (Saturday) TopBetta is running a stack of satellite tournaments that allow you to jackpot into the big tournament for a fraction of the cost of the buy-in if you were to just directly enter.
They are also a great way to tune up your skills and prepare for four tactical days fantasy betting!
Tips, tricks and hints!
In terms of strategy, if you're intention is to go for the 50k first prize then for sure you need to be confident and aggressive. Identify races over the first three days of the tournament where your confidence is high and BET UP!
When it comes to the final day, regardless if you're happy to chip away and double your money or are aiming up at the top prize we recommend you put extra time into studying the form for the final few races of the day. This is where the tactics and cat and mouse is at it's absolute most frantic and when you'll likely have to make a move one way or another.
Over coming days we'll post our tips for Day 1 - Derby Day of the competition that will be followed by our bumper Melbourne Cup preview that we will post on Sunday the 30th of October.
So, what are you waiting for? Get involved and make this Cup Carnival the best one yet!