Just like that the EPL has kicked off and we are already preparing for Week 2!
Manchester United kicked off the weekend with an easy win over Southampton this morning and now we’ll focus in on the Saturday night fixtures and see if we can find some value!
Let’s start by looking at the odds for tonight’s game to get a better understanding of how things will likely play out.
Key takeaways after looking at the odds are;
- There looks likely to be goals in the West Ham v Bournemouth clash.
- Tottenham is the most likely team to win but there is expected to be a few goals in the game
- Leicester v Arsenal should be a competitive game with goals scored
- Swansea are likely to beat Hull and keep the game low scoring
- Man City are likely to beat Stoke and score at least two goals
- Everton and West Bromwich Albion looks almost a flip of the coin match and one of the lower scoring games.
With the above in mind, we are keen to find a Swansea defender or goalkeeper as the chance of a clean sheet is real!
We’ll be also looking for attacking players in the Leicester v Arsenal game (The Gunners conceded four against Liverpool last week!)
Moneyball EPL contests to check out!
Fantasy Stars plays of the night
S Kingsley – Swansea – Defender – $4,300
As mentioned above we expect Swansea will beat Hull and keep them to a low-score. We hope also, a clean sheet! Kingsley is their highest scoring defender and top pick to include.
R Mahrez – Leicester – Forward – $10,200
Paying a premium here but young Mahrez looks likely to be involved in a shootout and Arsenal had plenty of holes down back last week. He is active and will accumulate points even if he doesn’t score.
E. Lamela – Tottenham – Midfield – $7,400
Lamela is in an incredibly rich vein of form fantasy wise. Tottenham look set to defeat Palace at home and of their midfielders this guy looks the best value. The price gap between him and Eriksen is far too large.
**Be careful of Alexis Sanchez who was a very tempting play in the Gunners potentially high scoring game against Leicester. He looks to have passed a fitness test on his ankle but has enough doubt around him to leave out considering the premium price of $11,00.